In this episode of Beer Breakdown, Gary chats with John Garcia, Head Brewer of King Harbor Brewing Company in Redondo Beach, CA.
In this conversation they dive into:
- How John launched a beer podcast to get his start in the craft beer industry.
- Brewing 300+ different beer recipes over the course of a year.
- His journey to becoming King Harbor’s Head Brewer after just 3 years.
- His first foray into the Cold IPA style.
- Why it’s so important to support your local breweries during the winter season.
- And much more!
Then, Gary and John crack open French Toast Latte, a 9% Dessert Stout with cinnamon, Madagascar vanilla beans, Nicaraguan coffee beans, maple syrup, and lactose, released as part of their 7th-anniversary collaboration with HiFi Coffee.
This episode is brought to you by our featured retailer, Hi-Lo Liquor Market, the very best craft beer store in Southern California. Check them out online or visit their shops in Culver City and Long Beach (with Costa Mesa coming soon!).