In this episode of Beer Breakdown, Gary chats with Sam Tierney, manager of Firestone Walker’s Propagator R&D Brewhouse in Venice, CA.
In this conversation they dive into:
- Sam’s transition from Firestone Walker’s production cellar in Paso Robles to the R&D brewery in Venice.
- Experimenting with new ingredients, new processes, and new styles.
- How he draws inspiration from the homebrew, wine, coffee, and cocktail worlds.
- Firestone Walker’s “Propagator Series” and how those beers get created.
- The nuances behind single-hopped beers and how they lead to better hop blends.
- The return of Wookey Jack this Fall (!!!)
- And much more!
Then, Gary and Sam crack open Psychedelic Arcade, the latest limited release out of The Propagator, a modern West Coast-style Double IPA with massive new school hop aromas and flavors.
Pick up Psychedelic Arcade Double IPA and all of Firestone Walker’s core and specialty releases at their Venice taproom, their Buelton & Paso Robles locations, order direct from their website, or find them at a local beer retailer near you.
Follow Firestone Walker’s The Propagator on Instagram at @firestonewalker_propagator.
This episode is brought to you by our featured retailer, Hi-Lo Liquor Market, the very best craft beer store in Southern California. Check them out online or visit their shops in Culver City and Long Beach (with Costa Mesa coming soon!).